Tony's Auto Service Center, on the Northeast corner of 56th Street and Thomas, started in 1988 as Tony’s Texaco, a two-bay gas station. The gas had to be pulled out one year later when a leak was detected in one of the underground lines. The pumps were pulled and the ground cleaned and extensive remodeling done to improve the appearance and functionality of this auto garage.
Today Tony's Auto Service Center is at the forefront of the environmental "green" movement. They are a certified "green" shop by the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ). When you drive by you might notice an array of solar panels on the roof; the solar panel project was completed in February 2009.
This two-year project caps 20 years of "staying clean and going green" for Tony's, doing their part to protect and exemplify the character and responsibility of the Arcadia neighborhood tradition.
Guido's Auto Service Center is an Arizona Green Business through the Arizona Dept. of Environmental Quality, certified by ASA-Arizona.
Tony's Auto Service Center is solar-powered since February 2009 and has also received the Arizona Green Business status.
Tony's hosted a Christmas party for residence of Arcadia assisted living facility
Tony’s provided and helps maintain a Van for Detour Company Theater.
Tony’s Auto Service donated a van to a local theater company. It allows the members to travel together and perform for the community. They also supply the maintenance so members can have a safe ride. Tony’s will also match dollar for dollar for their employees who wish to donate to the Detour theater.
Learn about our work with the Detour Company Theater. Read their firsthand account of our work to provide them with a working vehicle.
Other community involvement
Each year, Tony's Auto Service Center performs discounted repairs to charities and organizations, such as St. Vincent De Paul, the Salvation Army and St. Mary's Food Bank.
We are happy to help sponsor our neighborhood sports teams and organizations. Call us at (480) 945-7788 or e-mail us and tell us about your favorite special organization, team or charity!
Learn about our support of Veritas Preparatory Academy. We recently donated to the "Walk A Thon" and "Night at the Auction" school fundraisers.
We recently donated to the "Walk A Thon" and "Night at the Auction" school fundraisers.
"On behalf of the entire Saint Theresa Catholic School Parent Teacher Organization, thank you for your generous ..."
To Whom It May Concern:
Tony's Service Center has been a continued sponsor for cancer research, through the pageant systems since 2005.
As a pageant contestant, my platform has been Cancer Awareness. As Ms. Avondale U.S. 2005 and Mrs. Arizona United Nations 2006, I represented my city and state at multiple levels of competition.
Tony's Service Center has continued to support me, and my endeavors to find a cure. Tony’s Service Center, again in 2006 supported the Worldwide Pageant system, which is deemed the "Crowns for the Cure," at a national level. Their support then followed me Internationally, as I won Ms. Worldwide International 2008.
Tony's Service Center helped contribute over $6,000 dollars to the American Cancer Society, through the Worldwide Pageant System. Tony’s will be recognized as a major contributor to the Worldwide Pageant in 2010, in which the International Pageant will be held in Tempe, Arizona. You can visit either my Web site at www.mrsaz.net or the International Web site at www.worldwidepageant.net.
Ms. Worldwide International 2008
We serve … our employees, our customers, our families and our community.
- We serve through the company's commitment to long-term growth and sustainability. We have been in business for 50 years and our planning mindset is to prepare and adapt for the next 50 years.
- We serve by being profitable. Securing jobs, paying taxes, providing needed services and donating to the community, for several generations.
- We serve by taking interest, on a personal level, the physical health of our crew through required vacations, providing short term disability insurance, choosing to be open only five days a week to allow recuperation and family time and community involvement, requiring monthly safety reporting comments from our technicians, using a monthly safety check sheet to monitor environmental requirements, having an open-door policy to management and the owners, and through daily constant personal contact (working closely together) emphasizing good communication and teamwork.
- By taking a personal interest in individual customers; meeting them for a meal, helping them with transportation to appointments, helping them find newer cars or helping them in purchasing new cars. Visiting clients that are in need.
- We have a standing discount that we call the 'St. Vincent DePaul' discount whereby we perform repairs at our 'cost.' We help families that are referred to us by such organizations as St. Vincent DePaul, the Salvation Army and the Department of Economic Security.
- We train and employ tech-school students in a co-op program offering the students an entry-level position in their chosen field, offering them a 'leg up' on their peers as they make their way toward becoming Certified Technicians.
- We are currently implementing industry-leading programs to reduce our environmental impact.
- We maintain high levels of training. Technicians look for every opportunity to stay at the leading edge of their craft. Management also continues training in various classes for employee relations and the garage industry working for their AMI Accredited Automotive Manager certificate and beyond.